November 17, 2010

Jane Fonda Praises Christina And 'Burlesque'

We went with my son, Troy Garity and Simone. I really enjoyed the movie. I was revved up because I was so looking forward to seeing Cher again on the big screen and she didn’t disappoint. It could have been done very differently, an older, former beauty and dancer who’s desperately trying to keep from losing her club to a developer. That wouldn’t have worked with Cher cause she’s still glam and can carry it off. Her voice is still really good and strong, and, as I said in the twitters I sent that evening, the two opening numbers, hers and Christina’s, were knockout!

Then there is Christina. I have not followed her closely before but, wow, she was spectacular: the way she looked, the way she sang, the way she danced and the way she acted. She came across, to me anyway, as likeable. You root for her. I found her poignant. I got all teary several times. I thought there was real chemistry between her and her (really sexy, handsome) love interest.


I had a chance to hug Cher and chat a moment with Christina. But forgot to take any more photos. My bad!


Who knows what the critics will say. It would be easy to pick the movie apart for being too like an extended music video. But when you have Aguilera and Cher and all that dancing and songs, why not. It made for a good evening. A good date flick.

No comments:

Post a Comment